The Allocation Report
The Allocation Report shows how your portfolio is currently allocated. It is calculated from the current holdings in your Prices view, and shows your holdings as a list of percentages as well as a pie chart (or bar chart) for better visualization. When used from within a Portfolio Group, the Allocation report is a powerful tool to help you visualize your allocations across multiple portfolios/accounts.
To access the Allocation Report, click on the “Reports” button in the toolbar and select the “Allocation” Report type.
The available views of your portfolio's allocations can be selected from the "Displayed Views" dropdown. The views available are:
- Individual holdings view - Each ticker symbol is listed separately and the view will show you the percentage that holding has in your whole portfolio.
- Categories view - Each top-level item in the portfolio is included and the view will show you the percentage that item has in your portfolio. This view shows top-level items only, so any categories or individual holdings at the top level will be included in this view. Also note that any sub-categories are not included in this report - only top-level holdings and categories.
The list on the left-hand side of a view shows the item and its allocation percentage. Hover over items in the list to see them highlighted in the chart.
Clicking on an item in the list will accentuate that holding in the chart on the right. If the item clicked is chartable security, its historical price chart will also be loaded in the main StockMarketEye chart window.
An allocation view includes a chart to help visually understand how you are allocated. There are 2 types of charts:
- Pie Chart - Shows the items in the allocation view as a pie chart. Hover the mouse over the chart or click on any of the slices of the chart to highlight that particular item in the list.
- Bar Chart - Shows the items in the allocation view as a bar chart. The highest allocation percentage is at the top; lowest at the bottom. Hover the mouse over the chart or click on any of the bars to highlight that particular item in the list.
Other Report Actions
There are also 2 actions for the report:
- Export to CSV... - This action will export a CSV file containing the current report. A CSV file can be opened in Excel, Numbers, LibreOffice Calc or other spreadsheet application.
- Save as PDF... - This action will generate a PDF file containing the current report. PDF files are useful for archiving or printing a physical copy.