Connect Existing Portfolio to a Brokerage Account
Let's say you have an existing portfolio in StockMarketEye and you'd like to connect it to a brokerage account. For example, if you were manually maintaining a portfolio and would now like to connect it to the advanced brokerage import.
Once the portfolio is connected to a brokerage account, you can use the update from brokerage feature to pull in your recent transactions and keep the portfolio up-to-date.
The steps to make the connection are to import a new portfolio from the brokerage, then copy your transactions from the original portfolio into the newly imported one.
- Using the direct connect import or advanced brokerage import, import the account you'd like to connect into a new portfolio.
- In the newly imported portfolio, go into the Transactions report and delete all of the transactions.
- Go to your original portfolio and copy all of the transactions into the newly imported portfolio.
- In the newly imported portfolio, rebuild the Prices view from the Transactions.
- Going forward, use the update from brokerage feature periodically in order to keep your transactions up-to-date.
We recommend that you use and verify the new portfolio before deleting the original portfolio.