Connect Existing Portfolio to a Brokerage Account
Let's say you have an existing portfolio in StockMarketEye and you'd like to connect it to a brokerage account. For example, if you were manually maintaining a portfolio and would now like to connect it to the advanced brokerage import.
Once the portfolio is connected to a brokerage account, you can use the update from brokerage feature to pull in your recent transactions and keep the portfolio up-to-date.
1. Open the Advanced Brokerage Import screen and expand the brokerage link you want to connect.
2. On the account that you want to connect to the existing portfolio, click on the 3-horizontal dots button on the right-hand side to show the menu items.
3. Click on the item in the popup menu, Connect to an existing portfolio...
4. In the "Connect this Account to an Existing Portfolio" window, click in the "To this Portfolio" to select the existing portfolio to which you want to connect this account. Note that if the selected portfolio is already associated with a brokerage account (either via direct-connect or an advanced brokerage account), that association will be removed and replaced with the selected advanced brokerage account.
5. Click on the "Connect" button to connect.
6. After the connection has been made, you can use the "Update from brokerage..." feature in the Portfolio's "More" menu to import the most recent transactions from the brokerage.
As an alternative, you can follow the steps below to import a new portfolio from the brokerage, then copy your transactions from the original portfolio into the newly imported one.
- Using the direct connect import or advanced brokerage import, import the account you'd like to connect into a new portfolio.
- In the newly imported portfolio, go into the Transactions report and delete all of the transactions.
- Go to your original portfolio and copy all of the transactions into the newly imported portfolio.
- In the newly imported portfolio, rebuild the Prices view from the Transactions.
- Going forward, use the update from brokerage feature periodically in order to keep your transactions up-to-date.
We recommend that you use and verify the new portfolio before deleting the original portfolio.