Delete a Transaction or Holding
In a Portfolio, you can delete a transaction or holding.
Deleting a Current Holding from the Prices View
The Prices view shows your portfolio's current holdings. Typically, you should manage the portfolio like you would a brokerage account - that is, by entering buys, sells, dividends and other transactions.
However, you can also directly manipulate the portfolio by editing values in-line or even deleting holdings. Neither of these 2 actions will record a new transaction, but in-line editing will modify an existing transaction and deleting a holding will remove the acquisition transaction.
To delete a holding from the Prices view, use the following steps:
1. In the Prices view, select the holding you want to delete.
Right-click (CTRL-click on Mac) on the selected item and select " Delete from Portfolio..." from the popup menu.
3. The confirmation window will show the item (or items, if you are deleting a multi-lot holding) to delete as well as their corresponding acquisition transactions (i.e. the buys or reinvested dividend transactions).
4. The "Undo the actions..." option should usually be checked. If you uncheck this option, you may need to rebuild the Prices view from the transactions afterward.
Deleting a Transaction from the Transactions Report
The Transactions report shows a list of all the transactions that have been recorded in your portfolio.
From the Transactions report, it is possible to delete one or more transactions. Deleting a transaction will remove any item in the Portfolio's Prices view that was created by the transaction as well as adjusting the cash balance to negate the effects of this transaction.
To delete a transaction from the Transactions report, use the following steps.
1. In the Transactions report, select the transaction or transactions you want to delete.
Then click on the “More” menu or right-click (CTRL-click on Mac) on the selected item(s), and select Delete from Transactions... from the popup menu.
3. The confirmation window will show the transaction(s) that will be deleted.
4. The "Undo the actions..." option should usually be checked. If you uncheck this option, the Prices view may become out of sync with the transactions and you would need to rebuild the Prices view from the transactions.
5. Confirm the deletion by clicking on the "Yes, Delete!" button.