How To Fix On-Line Sync Issues
When using the on-line sync with the desktop version of StockMarketEye, you may encounter this or a similar error message:
"An error occurred. Please try again later or contact our support team with the StockMarketEye log file."
To fix this issue, follow the steps below.
- Restore your data from an automatic backup file that was created just before the issues started. See this page for where you can find the automatic backup files that StockMarketEye creates.
- After restoring and restarting StockMarketEye, follow the steps to Optimize your StockMarketEye data files.
- When optimization is complete, open the On-Line sync window (menu: File -> On-Line Synchronization...)
- In the on-line sync window, click the "Other Synchronization Actions" link.
- Then click on the "Upload To Account" button.
- When the upload sync has finished, go to your iPhone/Android app or other computer running StockMarketEye, and open the On-Line sync there.
- On that device, click on the "Other Synchronization Actions" link.
- Click on the "Download From Account" button.
When step 8 has completed successfully, you should have the same data in both places. You can then go back to syncing normally as you did before.
If you continue to get error messages or have problems with the on-line sync after trying these steps, have a look at our page about data consistency issues with the on-line sync.
You can also contact our support team and let them know on which of the above steps the problem occurs. Please also include your StockMarketEye log file with your message.