Tracking Bonds and Other Non-Quoted Securities
StockMarketEye can download current quote data for stocks, ETFs and mutual funds from most major world exchanges. It can also download current quotes for currencies (Forex and cryptocurrencies) and US stock options.
However, for some securities, StockMarketEye may not have access to current quote information. Securities such as bonds and preferred stock as well as items such as real estate or CDs will not have quote data available.
You can still include these securities and investments in your StockMarketEye portfolios.
Steps to Adding a Non-Quoted Item
The following can be applied to any non-quoted security or investment.
1. Click on the "Buy" button in the toolbar to open the " Purchase Details" window.
2. In the " Purchase Details" window, in the Ticker Symbol field, enter a ticker symbol to represent the new non-quoted item in your portfolio. You are free to choose any ticker symbol you want. We suggest choosing one that will easily remind you of the investment it represents.
The ticker symbol you choose must not be a recognized ticker symbol that is used for an actual security. If there are no ticker symbols found when you enter the ticker symbol into the "Ticker Symbol" field of the entry screen, that ticker symbol can be used. Click on the "Add item..." line to use the ticker symbol you entered.
3. Enter other pertinent data such as purchase Date, the quantity of Shares and current market Price. You can add extra information about the item you are adding in the Comments / Notes field. Click the "Add" button to add the item to your portfolio.
4. Your portfolio will now look something like the next image. We’ve also added a holding of Apple and Google to the portfolio for comparison.
5. Update the Last price of the item to the current price. StockMarketEye won’t be able to update the price automatically, but you can set the price manually.
See the section, Overriding the Last Price, for details on setting the Last price of your non-quoted holding.
Note that the asterisk next to the value in the Last field denotes that this item’s Last value has been set manually.
You can update the Last cell in the same way any time you want to bring your item’s value up-to-date.
6. (Optional) Notice that the Name column is the same as the Symbol column for this item. You can add your own name by editing the Name field.
See the section, Changing the Name of a Security, for details on setting the Name column for your non-quoted item.
Historical Quotes and Charts for Non-Quoted Items
Non-quoted securities will not have historical data available. Historical data is used to display the charts as well as for calculating reports and other metrics (such as the "GainYTD" column).
If you have some historical pricing data available for your security, you can save it to a CSV file and then import it into StockMarketEye. It does not have to be a daily historical pricing - once a month or even once a year is enough. If you import this historical pricing data, StockMarketEye will use it when calculating metrics (GainYTD column uses the price from the start of the year) and reports (uses the historical price closest to the date [but not after the date] that it needs in the calculation).
Click here to learn more about importing historical pricing data.