Modifying a Transaction from the Prices View
It is possible to modify transactions from the Prices view. The transactions that are modifiable from the Prices view are purchase transactions (ie. Buys and Re-Invested Dividends) for current holdings.
The following steps shows you how you can modify the purchase transactions for your current holdings in the Prices view.
1. Locate the lot in your portfolio that you wish to modify. This can be a placeholder transaction (if you have just imported from a brokerage) or another lot that you wish to change. If you are looking for placeholder transactions, their lots in the Prices view will have a value of 0 in the "Buy Price" column.
2. Select the item, then click on the “Details” button in the toolbar. The Purchase Details window will open and you can see the details of the transaction.
3. The Purchase Details window allows you to modify all editable fields or the transaction.
If you are modifying a placeholder transaction, look up the purchase date and purchase price of your holding. You may be able to find this in your account at the broker’s website, or you may have to look in your past brokerage statements.
- If the holding was purchased all at once on one day (as a single lot), change the “Date” and “Price” fields in the Details window to match the data from your brokerage.
- If the holding was purchased on multiple days for multiple prices (as multiple lots), use the average purchase price of those shares in the “Price” field. For the “Date” field, you could use either the date of the most recent purchase of that holding (better if you have made multiple major purchases) or the date of the oldest purchase of that holding (better if you have only 1 major purchase and multiple re-investment purchases).
- You may also wish to set the “Commissions” and “Fees” fields, based on the information you find at your brokerage.
4. Once you have finished modifying the information in the Purchase Details window, click on the "Update" button to save the modified details. The data in the Prices view will be updated and the correct gain/loss will be shown.