On-Line Cloud Synchronization
StockMarketEye’s on-line (i.e. cloud) synchronization feature allows you to easily share your data between computers and iOS devices.
When you want to use or update your data on another computer or iOS device, you synchronize, downloading more recent data from the service and uploading your changes to the service. The synchronization service merges the data you send to it with what you have previously sent it and returns the most recent version of the data.
|Please Note: The On-line Synchronization feature of StockMarketEye is not available in the trial version.|
What Data is Synchronized?
StockMarketEye syncs the following data:
- Watchlists and their contents
- Portfolios, their holdings and transactions
- Any custom names, sectors, industries that you have set for a ticker symbol.
What Data is Not Synchronized?
StockMarketEye does not sync the following data:
- General preferences
- Column configurations
- Brokerage information (username, password, account number, etc)
Is It Secure?
The StockMarketEye on-line synchronization service secures your data by encrypting it when sent over the internet, storing it in an encrypted format, and using secure tokens for authentication.
- Your data is encrypted using the industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) when sent over the internet to and from the StockMarketEye synchronization service.
- The synchronization service encrypts your data at rest using the industry standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, 256-bit).
- Authentication with the synchronization service is done using a secure token, eliminating the need to store your on-line sync account password on your computer or iOS device.
- Your sensitive brokerage import account information (username, password and account number) are not stored in the synchronization service and are not transmitted to our server. Note, however, that portfolio names and description as well as comments in transactions/holdings are synchronized, so we recommend that you do not use the brokerage account number as a portfolio name, nor include it in the portfolio's description or in the comments of transactions/holdings.
- We have strict controls on our service's infrastructure and the people that have access to and manage that infrastructure.
Creating an On-Line Synchronization Account
The synchronization service works with an account, which you can create from within the desktop version or the iOS version. You can create this account using any email address that you own.
Note that we do not automatically create an account for you when you purchase. Because the synchronization service is an optional service, you have to create the account yourself if you choose to use the service.
The email address is used to link you to the data you store in the synchronization service. You should use the same email address in any desktop or iOS version of StockMarketEye with which you want to synchronize your data.
1. To create an account, open the menu File -> On-line Synchronization...
2. On the synchronization screen, click on the button, "Create Account >>"
3. Enter the email address (1) you want to use for the account, the password (2) for the account, and the same password again as confirmation (3). Then click the "Create Account" button (4).
4. When the account is created, you will be automatically logged in and can start the synchronization process.
Login to an Existing On-Line Synchronization Account
If you have already created an account on another computer or device, you can login with that same account on your current computer in order to synchronize your data.
1. To login with an existing account, open the menu File -> On-line Synchronization...
2. Enter the email address and password of your account. Then click the “Login” button.
3. Once you are logged in, you can start the synchronization process.
First Time Synchronization
The first time you run the synchronization, we recommend that you upload your data from your main computer and download your data from your other computers or devices. You can read more about the upload/download synchronization process in the following section of the user's guide.
The standard StockMarketEye synchronization is called the “merge” synchronization.
On the synchronization page, click the “Start Synchronize Now” button to start the synchronization process.
The merge synchronization uploads your data to our synchronization service. The synchronization service then compares the data it receives to any data you have already stored in the service, saving the most recent version of your data (either from the data you just sent or from the previously saved data). It then sends back the merged (i.e. most recent) version of that data, replacing the existing synced data you have in StockMarketEye so you work with the most recent version available.
The Note that the synchronization process can take time, depending on the amount of data you have in StockMarketEye (i.e. the number of portfolios, holdings, transactions and watchlists).